Make the Most of Your Showings – Home Buyer Tips
So, you’ve found a few homes that made your short list. You’re SO READY to get inside and see for yourself if one of them is a match! This is such an exciting time of the process. Below are a few pointers to go into these showings calm, cool, and with your thinking cap on.
Keep This In Mind At Showings:
- Read over your wants vs. needs list and revisit your budget. Having this fresh on your mind will help you stay objective and focused.
- Take pictures and videos to jog your memory later.
- Consider the lot, lot size, and location, all of these things cannot be changed.
- Look for signs of structural integrity. Water damage, cracks in walls or ceilings, sloping floors, and other potential issues.
- Pay attention to noise levels from nearby roads, airports and railways
- Examine the roof for leaks, missing shingles, or other damage. Inspect siding, windows, doors, and the overall exterior condition.
- Consider layout & space. Does the property’s layout suit your lifestyle? Check room sizes, storage space, and the flow between rooms.
- Look past decor & staging.
- These things will soon be gone
- Consider the potential resale value of the property by researching the historical appreciation rates
Now that you’re ready to get started in tour homes! Reach out to be set up on a customized home search tool that will not only show you current homes that are for sale, but those that are coming soon!
Bianca Kofman Baca, REALTOR dre #02125553